Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II addresses Parliament

A very special day as the Queen came to Parliament this morning, to make a speech marking her Diamond Jubilee. A packed Westminster Hall was awash with trumpeters, Beefeaters, instrumental music and an audience of MPs and Lords. Her Majesty unveiled a new window, given to her as a present by Parliamentarians, which will be placed in the North Window of Westminster Hall.

After her speech, I was invited to the Royal Gallery, where I was delighted - and honoured - to meet Her Majesty and the Duke of Edinburgh.

It was a really grand occasion and an event I will never forget. A day when one is really proud to be British.

You can read the Queen's speech here:

http://www.parliament.uk/business/news/2012/march/her-majesty-queen-elizabeth-ii-addresses-parliament/

P.S. The Bottom picture shows me sitting next to my friend Graham Evans MP.

1 comment:

  1. It was also a day when one is really proud to be the member of the Commonwealth. The bond between Canada and Queen Elizabeth has always been very strong and her diamond jubilee is a great opportunity to celebrate her life as well as the values that we and the British have in common. I am proud that my country's gonna make its own contribution in the form of several commemorative items made exclusively for this special occasion.

    ReplyDelete