Blog for Robert Halfon, MP for Harlow, Essex This blog has moved! If you are not redirected within 10 seconds, please visit www.roberthalfonblog.com.
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
VIDEO: David Cameron praises Harlow as top place for business in UK
Today, I asked a question to the Prime Minister, after the news that Harlow is now the NUMBER 1 place to start a business in the UK.
David Cameron's reply was: "The only way is Essex!"
Watch the video above, or please read it below:
Robert Halfon (Harlow): Is the Prime Minister aware that Harlow has the highest business growth in the whole of the United Kingdom. Thanks to a Conservative Council that is open for business, and a Conservative led Government that has invested in an Enterprise Zone, increased apprentices and cut taxes. Will the Prime Minister come to Harlow so we can show Britain how to lead the economic recovery?
Prime Minister (David Cameron): In danger of being accused of watching too much television, I think you can summarise this question by saying the only way is Essex. I know he speaks up for his County. What I would say, I congratulate Harlow on the fantastic achievement that they have. The Government wants to play it's part, not least by the Enterprise Zone in West Essex, thats covering Harlow, and we hope it will create 5,000 new jobs.
by Robert Halfon - Working Hard for Harlow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment