Sunday, October 16, 2011

Business Surgeries


 
One thing I decided to do when I was an MP was - as well as regular advice surgeries - was to hold regular business surgeries with businesses across the Town.  I have been pleased to work closely with Essex FSB and Harlow Chamber of Commerce, who host the surgeries with me.

Each surgery enables me to set out Government policy, some of my own activities and to hear business concerns - which I am then able to bring to the attention of relevant Ministers.

During my Friday business surgery I was told by the FSB about the exorbitant costs the Health and Safety Executive are now charging companies, if they carry out an inspection - from £750 pound plus.  I will be lobbying the Government about this, as it is crazy to charge businesses for this kind of thing - especially in the current climate.  We also discussed rising petrol costs, and freezing business rates for another year.

I was able to introduce my new Commons Apprentice, Louis Luck, who has passed through a gruelling interview at Harlow College to become the second Apprentice, after Andy Huckle.  He will be working with me for a year and will complete a Level 3 in business administration.

P.S. You can see Louis in the picture above, with me, Vance Rowe from HDCC and Glenys Chatterley from FSB.

by Robert Halfon - www.roberthalfon.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment