Friday, April 16, 2010

General Election Day Eleven: The Team


See full size image

One of the most heartening things about being a Parliamentary Candidate is knowing that so many in our local party are willing you to win. In fact, much more than willing, they actively work day and night as volunteers, to do their best to ensure victory.

As I left a campaign meeting this evening with some of the team, I went away thinking of those volunteers who are leafleting, canvassing, running the administration, organising the telling, putting up poster boards, stuffing envelopes, helping with the internet and much more besides. To have such a team, and such an array of passionate individuals, works as strong source of encouragement. I am a very lucky Parliamentary Candidate in this way.

On anther note, I met hundreds of voters today, moving around the Constituency - starting from 06:45am. Not many had seen the TV Debate - and were more worried about the state of the economy, unemployment, immigration and the NHS, than who had said what and when.

by Robert Halfon - www.roberthalfon.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment