Having campaigned from the crack of dawn onwards in recent days - and braving very cold weather - it was so great to be campaigning in the sunshine. When the sun comes out everything looks so different and optimism fills the air.
We had a good response from shoppers. It was particularly encouraging being stopped, one by one, by so many members of the public asking for details about various Conservative policies. At one stage even a queue formed. This shows that there is real interest from voters as many want to know how we will change Britain for the better.
It was far removed from the angry apathy of recent days that I have encountered from some - and have written about in a previous blog posting.
I was also delighted to visit Harlow Bingo Club, which I have been closely involved with in recent years. For some reason Labour taxes Bingo disproportionately to other comparable businesses. This is all the more surprising given that Harlow Bingo Club is a real community organisation with more than 40,000 members. Bingo clubs have closed up and down the country because of this heavy and unfair taxation. Like the many thousands of members, we all want Harlow Bingo Club to go from strength to strength so I am glad to give my support.
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device
No comments:
Post a Comment