Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Busy busy busy

Apologies for not having updated you for a couple of days but I have been so frantic getting ready to go to Rwanda tomorrow. I have to be up at 0300am to get to Gatwick Airport, not something I am looking forward to!

Yesterday was a good day in Harlow. I met with a new Student who wants to help, which is great news. After, I went to visit Breathe Easy at Purford Green. This group is connected with the British Lung Foundation and meets once a month. The Members are mainly from Harlow and have some kind of respiratory difficulty or another. What's really great about Breathe Easy is that it's more of a ccommuniyy and social club than just a health organisation. When I visited, I was surrounded by plates of delicious bread pudding and other cakes - which I managed to resist with great difficulty because of my diet. Breathe Easy holds all sorts of events, and from all accounts is peparing for a really grand Christmas dinner.

As well as meeting with all the members, I sat and listened to the senior Nurse, Ram, from the Princess Alexandra Hospital, who gave an excellent briefing on swine flu, and did his best to assuage the worries of some of the members. I was struck by the professionalism of Ram. He is an example of the high quality of so many of the staff who work in the NHS.

In the evening, I visited the Harlow Territorial Army with Cllr Tony Hall. We were there to get a briefing on the future of the TA and other related matters, of which I will write more about at a later date.

I will post pictures from Breathe Easy and the TA on a separate posting, as I have to do this from my mobile - I have no access to a laptop computer for a while.


-- Post From My iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment