Sunday, May 20, 2012

MCCH Enterprise







I went to a great place on Friday: One of the best examples of a social enterprise I have seen.

MCCH Enterprises is a charity - based in Harlow - whose focus is to assist those with mental health difficulties get back into work.

This Enterprise has set up a mini-factory in Netteswell Hall Annexe, which offers skilled picture framing,  widget making, Ebay selling, gardening, marketing and much more besides.

Whilst I was there, I witnessed a host of people given the chance to get back into work, and learning a whole range of new skills sets at the same time. The framers workshop, for example, was second to none, with state of the art machinery and producing frames that would match the highest standards in any shop.

What MCCH does is give opportunities to those who have faced significant problems, the chance to get back a sense of purpose, confidence and cameraderie.  It confirms the view that with the right support, anything can be acheived.

Well worth going to see.

P.S.  Whilst I was there, I met Jon, a superb musician, who sang to all the clients of MCCH.  You can download his music here:

Hi Rob,
It's Jon Clarke who you heard & see performing earlier today @ MCCH Harlow. I hope you enjoyed my two song performance. Please find below my website links; and single download link. Please could you help spread the word about my music via social media etc.

Kind Regards,

Jon Ian Clarke.

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/listen-to-me-single/id494825721

www.soundcloud.com/jonianclarke28

www.myspace.com/jonnclarke25

No comments:

Post a Comment