I was asked to open the new Harlow Barclays Bank Branch in the Water Gardens today (it has moved from just by the Bus Station).
A great atmosphere: Balloons, Barclays Soldiers in Bearskin hats, candy floss and even the real FA Cup on display. It was good to meet all the staff too, who were clearly passionate about work and their new state of the art premises. I was pleased to be introduced to Saffron too, a young singer, who travels around the country singing songs and helping the fight against knife crime. Saffron's Mum is an employee of Barclays.
I know banks have a bad name these days, but Barclays seem to be doing their best - as a non-taxpayer funded - high street bank, to put itself in the heart of our community. They have kindly offered me the opportunity to hold some of my MP surgeries at the bank - something I will be sure to take up.
It was the Barclays Premier League Trophy NOT the FA Cup!!....
ReplyDelete