Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Pledge from Essex County Council re A414 Improvements 

I have continued call on the Government for action on a northern relief road (an extra bypass on the M11), having secured the promise of support from Essex County Council.

I have been campaigning for a northern relief road for many years
(see my website www.fedupwithharlowtraffic.com) but the situation is reaching breaking point. We've waited ten years for Labour to do something, but we're still waiting for the substance.

'm very pleased to have secured a pledge from Lord Hanningfield, leader of Essex County Council, to underwrite a comprehensive feasibility study for delivering the road. He has also recently stepped up the pressure on the government, by asking written questions in Parliament about the scheme on my behalf.

After discussing the issue with him, I am also very grateful for the support of the leader of Harlow District Council, Cllr. Andrew Johnson, who has pledged support in developing the plans.

In addition, I am lobbying him to seek extra investment into highways monitoring to make a strong case to the government.

Theresa Villiers, Shadow Transport Secretary, has also campaigned with me against Harlow congestion at a national level, and has confirmed that she is absolutely clear on the need for a bypass in Harlow.

I welcome Lord Hanningfield's comments:

"It is time that the Government listened to the people of Harlow and Robert Halfon's campaign".

P.S. The picture shows me with Senior Conservative Transport Spokeswoman Theresa Villiers MP

P.P.S. For further details see HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment