Its been a good day with Shadow Transport Secretary visiting Harlow and Hastingwood.
As I mentioned in my previous post, Theresa was here because of my campaign for an extra Bypass on the M11. She also confirmed Conservative opposition against an extra runway at Stansted. For Theresa's full statement, see below:
Extra Traffic Bypass on the M11,
"I was pleased to come to Harlow and discuss this issue with Robert Halfon and others. Robert has lobbied me extensively - and regularly - on this issue and I understand the need for an extra bypass. Were a Conservative Government to be elected, I will look at this Bypass issue seriously".
On Stansted
"I am glad to confirm today that, if elected, a Conservative Government will not allow a second runway at Stansted to be built. It is odd that Government Minister and local Labour MP says he opposes a second runway, yet his own Government is forcing it through. His position is irreconcilable as a Government Minister".
This is really good news for residents of Harlow and the surrounding villages. I am delighted that Conservative policy is to oppose a second runway, as it would destroy our countryside and add to noise and pollution. it is also good news that the Shadow Transport Secretary is now well aware of the Bypass issue as this is desperately needed. Local residents deserve nothing less.
Really glad it went so well Rob. I hope you got tooted at a lot! We need that by-pass.
ReplyDeleteGood to know that we will have an ally in Theresa when in Government in securing the By-pass. The Labour MP for the town, has done little to secure the needed transport infrastructure and your work on this clearly shows why we need to send you to westminster in his place at the next election. Vote for Rob to get Harlow traffic moving again!