Friday, July 6, 2012

When Gabby met Gabby


It was an amazing day for Passmores Academy head girl Gabby Burton on Thursday when she met her near namesake Gabby Bertin, the Prime Minister’s press secretary in a special private visit to Downing Street.
I arranged the visit after I met Gabby Burton when Education Minister Michael Gove visited Passmores Academy.

The Prime Minister’s Press Secretary took Gabby for a private tour around Number 10, into the Cabinet Room, the State Dining Room and Mrs Thatcher’s former office.

The two stood for photographs in the Cabinet Room and outside Number 10.

Gabby Burton is a wonderful head girl and when I found out she had the same name as the Prime Minister’s press secretary I asked the Prime Minister’s office if they would arrange for them both to meet, and I was delighted that Gabby Bertin said ‘yes’.

It was an amazing morning going round Downing Street. Even as an MP I had not even seen sone of the rooms we went into.

Gabby Burton is a tribute to Passmores and I was really pleased to take her, her brother, Harry, and Mr and Mrs Burton both to Parliament and to Number 10. It was a day that we will all remember.

Gabby Bertin could not have been kinder and I think she was delighted to meet someone with the same name.

No comments:

Post a Comment