New figures show that our town saw a 78% increase in the number of people starting an apprenticeship last year - this is even higher than previously thought.
Funding for new apprenticeships is rocketing - with record-breaking numbers of new apprentices across the country. On top of this, the Government has announced that from this week:
1) Businesses and training providers from Harlow can bid for a share of £6 million from the Higher Apprenticeship Fund. This will support the development of thousands of new Higher Apprenticeships in sectors including aerospace, energy and renewable technologies.
2) Small and medium-sized businesses from Harlow without any young apprentices, who hire one, are eligible for a £1,500 bonus, with up to 40,000 payments available.
3) Harlow businesses can bid for a share of a £250 million fund to boost skills in their workplace, giving employers rather than training providers direct access to funding for training.
National Apprenticeship Week is a great opportunity to congratulate apprentices across Harlow – they are helping to get our economy moving, and bringing jobs back to our town.
The Government estimates that every £1 spent on an apprenticeship returns an estimated benefit of £18 to the economy. But apprenticeships are not just about economic efficiency - they are about social justice as well.
That’s why it is such great news that 800 people in Harlow started an apprenticeship last year, thanks to the Conservative-led Government – a 78% increase.
National Apprenticeship Week is a great opportunity to congratulate apprentices across Harlow – they are helping to get our economy moving, and bringing jobs back to our town.
The Government estimates that every £1 spent on an apprenticeship returns an estimated benefit of £18 to the economy. But apprenticeships are not just about economic efficiency - they are about social justice as well.
That’s why it is such great news that 800 people in Harlow started an apprenticeship last year, thanks to the Conservative-led Government – a 78% increase.
As regular-readers of my blog will know, I employ a Harlow apprentice myself in my office, and am working hard with Anglia Ruskin and Harlow College to bring a new high-tech Apprentice School to our town.
I would urge Harlow people of all ages to consider becoming an apprentice and seize the opportunities that this government has opened up.
I would urge Harlow people of all ages to consider becoming an apprentice and seize the opportunities that this government has opened up.
I have a young keep girl who is working with me and turned down by Harlow college because they have the teaching approval but lacking staff to teach technical theatre in Harlow. I find it hard to accept that she is being ignored and that the nearest college is Braintree or Southend which for a 16 year old is a little hard to commute to each morning! I am trying to offer her a training scheme to the best of my ability but do not feel supported as I am offering an 'apprenticeship' that is not your typical electrician plumber or hair dresser! Chris CB Sound Video Light, Harlow
ReplyDeleteI have a young keep girl who is working with me and turned down by Harlow college because they have the teaching approval but lacking staff to teach technical theatre in Harlow. I find it hard to accept that she is being ignored and that the nearest college is Braintree or Southend which for a 16 year old is a little hard to commute to each morning! I am trying to offer her a training scheme to the best of my ability but do not feel supported as I am offering an 'apprenticeship' that is not your typical electrician plumber or hair dresser! Chris CB Sound Video Light, Harlow
ReplyDelete