The Government's decision to reverse a plan to take away from people with disabilities in residential care homes the 'mobility disability component' of their benefits is to be welcomed.
The ‘mobility disability component’ is important to people with disabilities if they are to retain a vital element of independence.
The ‘mobility disability component’ is important to people with disabilities if they are to retain a vital element of independence.
I tabled several written questions to the Government on the issue and spoke in a number of parliamentary debates urging the Government to reconsider the matter.
I also had a private meeting with Welfare and Pensions Minister Chris Grayling.
A number of residents contacted me about this and I am glad that the Government has listened. It just shows that a bit of hard work and pressure sometimes can pay off.
Of course we have to balance the books: but we must protect the most vulnerable in Harlow.
I also had a private meeting with Welfare and Pensions Minister Chris Grayling.
A number of residents contacted me about this and I am glad that the Government has listened. It just shows that a bit of hard work and pressure sometimes can pay off.
Of course we have to balance the books: but we must protect the most vulnerable in Harlow.
No comments:
Post a Comment