Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Visit of Olympic Torch will be one of the most memorable days in Harlow's history

It was announced on Monday that the Olympic Torch will be visiting Harlow on Saturday, July 7 next year as part of the 70-day, 8,000-mile Torch Relay.

This is marvellous for Harlow and will be a massive day for the town and all who live and work here.

With the world’s media focused on the Olympic Torch Relay ahead of the Games this will be a fantastic opportunity to showcase what a fantastic place Harlow is.

Harlow Council are already working hard on the planning of various events for the day which is guaranteed to go down as one of its most memorable in the town’s history.

1 comment:

  1. Why do politicians fail to accept that the Olympics holds zero interest for the majority of us? I don't care if Jesse Owen is resurrected and runs through Harlow holding the blessed torch, I shan't be going to watch. With respect, I do think it's completely OTT to describe this as the greatest day in Harlow's history: that was our inauguration as a town, or the Queen's visit, or Queen Elizabeth I's 16th century visit to Harlow surely?

    ReplyDelete