Monday, November 28, 2011

Government backs new Apprentice School in Parliament




Today I asked the Government to back the Apprentice School, which I am setting up with charity New Deal of the Mind. It aims to employ genuine apprentices to work with MPs in Parliament.

I am delighted to say that Employment Minister Chris Grayling gave his full backing to the scheme. This is fantastic news.

The full exchange was:

Robert Halfon (Harlow): Does the Minister agree that work experience needs to progress to apprenticeships? And will he support the scheme that I am working with the charity New Deal of the Mind, Harlow College, and Essex County Council, which aims to employ genuine apprentices in Parliament?

Chris Grayling (Employment Minister): I am very happy to both support and pay tribute to the efforts of my Robert Halfon. He is a model example of how an individual member of Parliament can make a real difference, by identifying an issue where they can transform people's prospects. His work on apprenticeships is a credit to him, and a credit to this House.


by Robert Halfon - www.roberthalfon.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment