Child Support Agency is "incompetent" and "inefficient"
I have called for an urgent parliamentary debate about the Child Support Agency which I believe is “incompetent and inefficient”
I am repeatedly hearing horror stories about the organisation at my regular surgeries and raised my concerns in a recent debate when I highlighted the plight of three constituents who have been poorly treated by the CSA.
In one case the CSA is refusing to pay money that is rightfully owed after a man was found not to be the father of a child. This situation is causing the man immense hardship.
Sir George Young, the Leader of the House of Commons, promised to take up the case.
He said: “I will certainly contact ministers at the Department for Work and Pensions and ask them to pursue the individual case raised.
“We all know from our own casework that the CSA generates a fantastic amount of work.
"The Government are in the process of reforming the child maintenance system by putting the child first, encouraging parents to come to an agreement about financial support and then providing statutory back-up where that is impossible.
"We believe that that will be a better system than the one we have at the moment.”
Time and time again in my surgeries in Harlow, there are examples of the CSA behaving incompetently.
The CSA is causing them real hardship. The Leader of the House agreed to help, and I hope we can get these cases resolved.
The CSA are breaching Human rights. They have thousand of people on 3 different calculation systems. How can that be fair? It is discrimination! £3.7 billion remains uncollected, whilst they harass the easy targets to get staff bonuses.
ReplyDeleteIt's a shambles that should be disbanded, and replaced with mediation at the benefits office or in the divorce court!
A debate regarding the 'taboo' subject of the CSA is long overdue. It is a closed shop of compliancy and infringes Human rights and Civil liberties. A complete and utter 'not fit for purpose' shambles!
ReplyDelete