Blog for Robert Halfon, MP for Harlow, Essex This blog has moved! If you are not redirected within 10 seconds, please visit www.roberthalfonblog.com.
Thursday, September 1, 2011
Thank you Mr Fleming
Today, I was given an injection containing some strong antibiotics: some bacteria bad entered the inside of my foot, leading to redness and swelling. My symptom was easily curable but dangerous if not treated, as I was told that the infection could quickly spread through the foot and up the leg. Yet, within a few minutes - at little cost - my problem was sorted.
As I left the Doctor's somewhat relieved (having been a little anxious beforehand), I had a long thought about Alexander Fleming. Had I been alive before the Second World War, the medical solution to my relatively small problem would have been left to the Gods. It would have spread, and I might have possibly lost the use of my leg.
That is why I said thank you Mr Fleming a few times to myself. You can think of what he discovered, be amazed how so many medical problems are cured so quickly, and never take his genius - his gift to human-kind - for granted.
P.S. You can read more about Mr Fleming here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Fleming
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Stay healthy.
ReplyDelete- Aangirfan