In Harlow, there is a large Malayali Christian community, from Keralia in India. You may remember that just after Boxing Day last year I posted a Blog, having visited their special Nativity festival.
Well, this afternoon I went to celebrate the Malayali Harvest Festival in St Thomas More Church.
Apart from wonderful Indian dancing and songs, we had a most incredible lunch. The food was pure Keralian, served on a green paper leaf (in Keralia they use banana leaf), and consisted of different curries and spicy foods. It was delicious but also so very beautiful to look at.
The Malayali are so kind and welcoming, it was such a pleasure to be invited. Many of the Malayalians work in Princess Alexandra Hospital as Doctors and Nurses, which is how they came to be in Harlow in the first place. They enrich our town for the better.
P.S. I hope you like the pictures.
It's wonderful to see the South Indian Traditions being honoured by the Malayali Community and for it to so well attended by our MP Robert is fantastic, keep up the hard work, we totally are there behind you.
ReplyDelete