Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Government confirms: Harlow Enterprise Zone to launch in April 2013



Today in Parliament I welcomed the new Enterprise Zone that is coming to Harlow, after an extended campaign over the last year, and asked when we could get it moving.

I asked the Government:

"Does my Honourable Friend agree that the new Enterprise Zones will actually transform the fiscal situation for local businesses? And as there is a new Enterprise Zone in Harlow, can he set out the tax advantages and when they will start?"

The Government's response was:

"I am delighted to see that one of the two Enterprise Zones in the South East Local Enterprise Partnership will be in Harlow, my Honourable Friend's constituency. 100% of business rates collected on the Harlow site will be retained for 25 years to be spent on local economic priorities. This will be possible from April 2013 once neccesary legislation is passed. Businesses will also benefit from simplified planning and Government support to ensure that superfast broadband is rolled out throughout the zone."


by Robert Halfon - www.roberthalfon.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment