I have raised this case in Parliament and I would encourage as many people as possible to now sign an e-petition which has been launched by a Roydon father who is battling to get changes made to family law so parents have equal rights and responsibilities for their children.
Colin Riches has launched an e-petition with the Ministry of Justice stating that “shared parenting needs to be the default position for separated parents.”
The petition adds: “One parent should not be able to act on their own to determine a child’s future. Both parents should work together unless one is unfit to do so.”
Mr Riches, who is a member of the campaign group Families Need Fathers, has written to the leaders of the main political parties as part of his campaign.
I congratulate Colin for his petition. I have raised his case in Parliament and it is clear that there is a strong case for the law to be changed.
I hope as many people as possible will sign the e-petition.
To sign the petition, go to http://epetitions.direct.gov.
No comments:
Post a Comment