Saturday, August 20, 2011

Petrol Prices and unemployment : The Sun backs the Halfon/FairFuel UK E-petition for Cheaper Petrol

This week we found some information from the London School of Economics, showing the link between high petrol costs and unemployment.  I will post the details of the study later.  Meanwhile:

From today's edition of The Sun:







The Sun is backing my e-petition for Cheaper Petrol and Diesel, which I have set up with the FairFuelUK campaign.

So far, it has clocked up 55,000 signatures in two weeks. If we can get 100,000, we are very likely to secure an MP's debate in Parliament. This wil keep the issue of rip-off fuel taxes - and the need for cheaper petrol - high up on the Government's agenda.

Working together with FairFuelUK, I have been campaigning on this issue for many months now, including debates in Parliament, delivering a petition to Number 10 Downing Street, and even pushing a car up Whitehall.

Recently, I also asked the Prime Minister David Cameron about this at PMQs, and he gave a very supportive reply.

High petrol prices are the number one issue facing Harlow residents, and thousands of families and businesses are struggling with the cost.

Please sign our e-petition today - it only takes 30 seconds. Please also share this with your friends on Facebook and Twitter, and urge the Government to cut fuel duty NOW.


by Robert Halfon - www.roberthalfon.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment