I spent much of today at Harlow College: discussing the plans for University Technical School, and later on handing out Apprentice awards to College Students (I will blog about this later).
But a very special part of the afternoon was opening the new Pact Harlow garden in the College grounds. Built by apprentices in just six weeks, with the support of Pact and a local business 'Ridgens', it is a very special place - one of outstanding beauty.
There is a wooden arch, paving stones and an extraordinary flower bed. Some of the Flowers spell 'Pact' reflecting the name of the garden.
I have always believed that beauty - aesthetics - is so central to all of our well being. Something which gives pleasure to the eye, helps generate a sense of calmness and peace.
The new Pact garden will give students, teachers and visitors a chance to stand and stare a little, to reflect as they rush to and from classes.
Well worth going to see.
P.S. I hope to put up more pictures from the garden soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment