Sunday, March 13, 2011

Harlow Community update

Rob at Integration Support Services
Rob with Berecroft Residents Association
Rob opening Jand Ps Hairdressers in Broadwalk

Berecroft Residents: I had a good meeting with Berecroft Steering group to discuss the new roofing going up over houses. It was useful to discuss progress and deadlines. On a different day, I went to see the BRA football fun day with children and PCSOs. A great event and a tribute to all those involved.

Harlow Integration Support Services: A great evening - as the ISS held a special party for women to celebrate UN international Women's Day. It was nice to see women from so many different countries at the event.

J&Ps Hairdressers in Broadwalk: After a Saturday morning handing out leaflets and meeting residents, I was delighted to open the new J&Ps hairdressers in Broadwalk.

Fawbert and Barnards Primary School: To F&B in Old Harlow, to speak to the children about parliament. There were so many questions, but it was great fun. I hope to see all of them in the House of Commons on a future visit.

Holy Cross School: I was there to meet with parents to discuss parking problems. We hope to hold a joint meeting with the school and Harlow and Essex Councils.

Harlow Town Station: One of my most important tasks is to help small businesses. On Friday, I held a meeting between National Express management and the owner of the newsagent at the station, to see what can be done to make his business more viable. The owner is incredibly hard-working and the shop and employees should be supported in every way.

No comments:

Post a Comment