Blog for Robert Halfon, MP for Harlow, Essex This blog has moved! If you are not redirected within 10 seconds, please visit www.roberthalfonblog.com.
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Ending the BBC's Feudal Monarchy
As I mentioned to you on Monday, this afternoon I presented my Private Members Bill to democratise the Licence Fee. It was a special moment for me, as it was the first time, as a new MP that I have presented a Bill to Parliament.
After setting out my case for the Bill (I was permitted a maximum of ten minutes), I had then to go to the Bar of the House, bow to the Speaker, walk five paces and bow again, walk to the Commons Mace at the Despatch Box, then bow for a final time.
Then it was straight to the Clerk, by the Speaker's Chair, where I handed over the Bill and named the date for Second Reading.
You can read my speech HERE.
The BBC have reported on it HERE.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment