Thursday, January 13, 2011

Supporting Apprentices




Today I asked the Government, if they would look at replicating the Engineering and Manufacturing apprenticeship schemes from Harlow College and Essex County Council around the country.

At the moment, Essex County Council have developed one of the most innovative schemes in the UK, where they are boosting the number of apprenticeships in target growth industries. Harlow is one of the main towns involved.

The Skills Minister, John Hayes MP, gave a very positive reply. As you can see from the video above, he said:

"I have already had a meeting with my hon. Friend on just that subject, and I am pleased to be able to say that we will look very closely at the work being done at Harlow College, which is an exemplar in so many ways. We will look at how that can be spread across the whole country, providing more opportunity and apprenticeships, and building a Britain that works."



by Robert Halfon - www.roberthalfon.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment