Monday, October 18, 2010

Rebuilding trust at Berecroft as new roofs begin to be installed



Given the difficulties faced by Berecroft residents, following the recent fires, I was pleased to meet again with residents, police and Circle/South Anglia Staff last Friday at St James School.   The meeting was to discuss progress on the re-roofing of the Berecroft Houses.  After initial delays and a few problems, it was good to see that the re-roofing has gathered apace.  The Residents Association, and the Steering Group seemed to be happy with the progress that Circle/South Anglia had made.  After, I went to see the contractors site, met with some more residents and knocked on a few doors.  All the Berecroft residents I spoke to were pleased at how things were going - even with the inconvenience of all the roofing replacements and building works.

I left feeling heartened both with the efforts the contractors were making in communicating with residents, (including talking to residents daily - door to door), and a feeling that Circle/South Anglia - despite a problematic start and some delays - were doing what they could to rebuild trust with Berecroft residents.    Much of this is also due to the excellent work and commitment of the Berecroft Residents Association, led by Z. Cheema,  alongside the support of local Councillors.

Robert Halfon - www.roberthalfon.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment