Very tired today, so won't be writing so much. Save to say that our day started at the crack of dawn being photographed by a House of Commons appointed photographer. Harlow is one of the constituencies chosen for the election campaign and the pictures will be shown in a special exhibition in Parliament, in June. I was quite proud that Harlow was picked. We were also interviewed by Anglia TV about the photographer and I have to say, I really enjoyed both the interview and the photography - it felt like we were a very small part of election history. I look forward to seeing the pictures when they are published.
It was then straight to Halyday House to answer questions from senior citizens. Myself and my opponent debated issues from defence to immigration: - the latter, a subject, that comes up frequently on the doorstep.
A whole afternoon of leafleting was followed by canvassing commuters at Harlow Town Station and then canvassing with John Steer, our excellent Council Candidate for Harlow Common.
So now you know why I am looking forward to a rest.... after of course, I have caught up with our exciting new Manifesto.
P.S. Really pleased to welcome a new volunteer today via Facebook. It was good to meet Karina and her daughter Dakota over a coffee break, and we are very glad to have her on board.
by Robert Halfon - www.roberthalfon.blogspot.com
It was then straight to Halyday House to answer questions from senior citizens. Myself and my opponent debated issues from defence to immigration: - the latter, a subject, that comes up frequently on the doorstep.
A whole afternoon of leafleting was followed by canvassing commuters at Harlow Town Station and then canvassing with John Steer, our excellent Council Candidate for Harlow Common.
So now you know why I am looking forward to a rest.... after of course, I have caught up with our exciting new Manifesto.
P.S. Really pleased to welcome a new volunteer today via Facebook. It was good to meet Karina and her daughter Dakota over a coffee break, and we are very glad to have her on board.
by Robert Halfon - www.roberthalfon.blogspot.com
Rob,
ReplyDeleteIt's good to see that you are actually writing this yourself (I think) whereas others are obviously using copywriters.
Best of luck for May 6th
Ian
I agree with Ian, I'm pleased that you write your own blog too and wish you very good luck for May 6th!
ReplyDeleteThanks very much, yes I write my blog! Best wishes to you.
ReplyDelete