

I won't say this every day, but sometimes I really do love elections. It is not just the meeting of thousands of voters, its the debate and discussion, the cut and thrust and the twenty-four hour adrenalin. Today was such a day. I started campaigning from 0700 - waving at passing motorists on the A414. After I went to Raytheon, and met with management and employees on the shop floor. It was a good visit - all the more so because so many of the employees have been working there for twenty years plus.
In the afternoon, it was off to Nazeing to canvas, where we had a great reception from residents. Our villages face huge threats from the Government's plans to bulldoze the green belt, so it was good to be able to set out our plans to scrap the Government's East of England Plan.
Later, I attended the major Hustings event of the election campaign - organised by local churches. I think that it was the most packed hustings I have been to - with most of the Pews of St Paul's pretty full. It was good to debate key issues with my opponents, including immigration, housing and the economy and I was really heartened by the support I had received.
I then went home to watch the Big Leaders Debate on TV, having recorded it on Sky+. Cameron got a clear win, which was reflected immediately in the polls.
In the afternoon, it was off to Nazeing to canvas, where we had a great reception from residents. Our villages face huge threats from the Government's plans to bulldoze the green belt, so it was good to be able to set out our plans to scrap the Government's East of England Plan.
Later, I attended the major Hustings event of the election campaign - organised by local churches. I think that it was the most packed hustings I have been to - with most of the Pews of St Paul's pretty full. It was good to debate key issues with my opponents, including immigration, housing and the economy and I was really heartened by the support I had received.
I then went home to watch the Big Leaders Debate on TV, having recorded it on Sky+. Cameron got a clear win, which was reflected immediately in the polls.
No comments:
Post a Comment