
Very pleased to find out today that all good Parrots vote Conservative. This was confirmed to me today as I was out and about handing leaflets in Broadwalk. I was told by a family - in absolute seriousness - that they had placed the Labour and Conservative leaflets on the Parrot Cage. The Labour ones had been torn up by said Parrot and thrown on the floor, whilst the Conservative ones had been left in pristine condition. I look forward to knocking up Mr Parrot on election day.
It was an exceptional Saturday as we gave out many hundreds of leaflets to shoppers. There was a lot of support from residents. Many continued to question me on a range of Conservative policies. I got the impression that voters are moving away from personalities and really focusing as to which Party wil offer a better quality of life for themselves and their country.
Our team was also joined by senior Conservative and Cabinet Office Spokesman Francis Maude. It was encouraging that a number of shoppers came by to ask him a series of questions too.
After some quick refreshments at Yates Bar in Market Square, I then went to the Emmanuel Foundation Charity event in Mowbray Road. Great music and some moving speeches.
A fulfilling day.
P.S. Thanks to David Jackman, Editor of EverythingHarlow.co.uk for the pictures of Francis Maude and the team
by Robert Halfon - www.roberthalfon.blogspot.com
No comments:
Post a Comment