Tuesday, December 1, 2009

What the Lisbon Treaty really means


Share/Bookmark
I mentioned to you the other day that I had debated the Lisbon Treaty at Harlow Council Watch last week. Well, as Dan Hannan MEP points out, the Lisbon Treaty came into force on midnight December 1 2010. Britain is no bound to the statutes of this Treaty, which are moire far reaching, than anything that has ever occurred before. We are now subjects of the EU, and answerable to the new EU President and Foreign Minister. Moreover, the new Constitution allows ever increasing extension of EU power, without even recourse to a further amending Treaty.

And we were not even allowed to vote on this. You can read what Mr Hannan says HERE. Read it and weep.

P.S. Latest News: I read from Iain Dale's website, that the Liberal Democrats have abandoned their pledge to hold an 'EU in or out' referendum. This is all the more strange, as the Harlow Liberal Democrat Parliamentary Candidate made much of this policy commitment, when he set out his party's policy to Harlow Council Watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment