One of the best things about Christmas, is all the events that go on, before, during and after.
I have really enjoyed visiting a host of Harlow Christmas activities in the past couple of weeks and they all have been great fun - but meaningful too.
I thought you might like to have a flavour of what I have been up to:
Last week I was at Holy Cross School for the annual Christingle service. It was a very moving occasion as candles in oranges were lit, bit by bit by the assembled children.
Today I have been at Pets Corner, where my good friend, Nick Churchill, doubles up as Father Christmas (he is a Councillor the rest of the year). His son Alex was serving hot drinks to the many people - who were watching the children's Nativity Play in the cold. Nick's passion - for Pets Corner, and his love for animals is such a joy, and I enjoy his email bulletins about what's occurring at this wonderful place.
I was also pleased to attend a party (and disco!), for young toddlers held by the Integration Support Services - which does so much to assist those who come from overseas. The ISS have received a grant recently, which will enable them to continue their work and extend their outreach work considerably. I am glad of this - especially since Director Mimoza is an inspiration. Her compassion and decency shine through.
Anyway, I hope you like the pictures, which show the Christingle Service, some Llamas and me with some of the staff at the ISS!
No comments:
Post a Comment