
I saw a weird film last night. I have to say it was quite claustrophobic, eery and rather chilling. It wasn't a film to be enjoyed - yet I am certain it will become a cult movie. It was called "Moon". It is about at a man 'Sam', on a space station, with only a Robot as company. He is there working for 'Lunar' Industries, which is mining Moon Helium to be sent to Earth. Just as he is due to go back to Earth (after his three year contract is up), he has an accident in a Lunar vehicle, wakes up at the Station, only to find a clone of himself. He and the clone discover that they are both just clones and are being exploited by Lunar Industries, who have murdered all his clone predecessors. One of the clones (called Sam) persuade the Robot 'Gerty' to assist him in escaping back to Earth....
Confused. You will be....I certainly was. Nevertheless, having re-read the plot on Wikipedia when I got home, you realise that this really is a great movie... all the more so since it is British and shot entirely at Shepperton Studios. It raises deep questions about science, technology, big corporations and cloning. Worth going to see - but not for fun.
As an aside, the soundtrack is excellent and entirely fits in with the nature of the film. You can see the the synopsis here.
By Rob Halfon ~ Working hard for Harlow, Hastingwood, Nazeing, Roydon & Sheering. http//roberthalfon.blogspot.com
Confused. You will be....I certainly was. Nevertheless, having re-read the plot on Wikipedia when I got home, you realise that this really is a great movie... all the more so since it is British and shot entirely at Shepperton Studios. It raises deep questions about science, technology, big corporations and cloning. Worth going to see - but not for fun.
As an aside, the soundtrack is excellent and entirely fits in with the nature of the film. You can see the the synopsis here.
By Rob Halfon ~ Working hard for Harlow, Hastingwood, Nazeing, Roydon & Sheering. http//roberthalfon.blogspot.com
No comments:
Post a Comment