



I had such a packed day this Friday, that I don't know where to start! I have just come back from meeting Michael Jackson, so I might as well fill you in on how that came about. Well, in truth, it wasn't Mr Jackson's ghost from 'Never Land'. It was actually at an eighties disco, organised by the esteemed and highly successful Langley Rangers Football Club, a Premier Division member of the BISHOP'S STORTFORD, STANSTED & DISTRICT LEAGUE. I was there to present some trophies for the best players over the past year. 'Michael Jackson', was one of the guests at the party, and one of the players!
I was very proud to be asked to present the awards, by Langley Rangers, Director, Gary O' Donnell. A year ago Gary approached me to see if I could help with fundraising, in order that the team could pay for kit and some other materials. With a bit of luck here and a few approaches there, I managed to find some of the funds and the team now have a great kit. Langley Rangers got to the Cup Finals this year which was a tremendous achievement given that they have only been in existence for a few years.
By co-incidence, earlier in the afternoon, I was at a football match at Downs School. It was the Schools Cup-Final between Downs and Tanys Dell primary schools. Both sides played brilliantly, and even though Downs, won 6-2, Tanys Dell, put in a tough performance.
I was asked by David Yeld, Downs Head Teacher, to hand out the Cup & Medals, as well as choose man of the match. It was a tough choice, but it had to go to young Billie, in goal for Downs, who made some remarkable saves. I understand Billy is a Rugby player, so if his Rugby is as good as his footie, he is destined to be a great sportsman.
I really enjoyed the match and it was a real pleasure to give out the medals. It was tough though to see some of the glum young faces of Tanys Dell, having come runners-up. Their feelings were no different to those who lose out at Wembley.
Its been an astonishing couple of days with so many sport related activities - today's duties were just the kind of activities which make being a Prospective MP, so enjoyable - and a privilege too.
P.S. I hope you like the pictures, the dark ones are at the Langley Rangers party at the Maypole Club. Sorry about the quality of the photograph. There is also a picture of me with Gary O'Donnell, presenting him with the cheque, in Broadwalk earlier in the year. There are also two pictures from the Schools Cup-Final, and the pictures are much better. My Nokia N86 - 8 million pixel camera phone, is working a treat!
By Rob Halfon ~ Working hard for Harlow, Hastingwood, Nazeing, Roydon & Sheering. http//roberthalfon.blogspot.com
No comments:
Post a Comment