Apart from my campaign meeting with Harlow Conservative Chairman, Cllr. Lee Dangerfield, Vanda and I were really lucky to have enjoyed the sunshine. On Saturday we had lunch at Nandos in the Water Gardens. I love it there. The Water Gardens is such a great place in the sunshine, especially with all the cafes and restaurants with outdoor seating. After, we went to cool down by going to Harlow Cineworld, to see 'Year One'. Its hilarious - well worth seeing, even though the story is both mad and ridiculous.
Today we went to the Holy Cross School Fete which was fantastic. Absolutely packed, there were loads of stalls and children doing some phenomenal dance routines. Vanda was the lucky recipient of a beautiful Turquoise neclace brought from one of the home-made jewellery stores, which matched her similar colour dress so perfectly. Its nice to be in her good-books :). I am not surpised that the Fete was such a success. After all, Holy Cross is classed as one of the best schools in England , and I was pleased to organise a visit to Parliament for some of their pupils and teachers, last month.
After we went to the Harlow Conservative Women's Committee Barbecue, held at the home of Cllr Mark Gough, and his Mother Valerie. They have a beautiful garden with some remarkable trees and it was just so nice to sit in the garden and take in the nature around us. There were over forty people present, which made the occasion even better, and we all took part in a quiz competition (our team came second - no thanks to me I might add, as I got loads of questions wrong!!).
There is nothing better than the Summer, with the sunshine. It is so nice to be outdoors, soaking in the sunshine. I hear this week is to be a scorcher..... shame its a week of hard work and I will be inside most of the time.
P.s. Vanda's new necklace was hand-made by a lady who is an expert jewellry maker. If you click on the this photo , you can see the neck-lace on Vanda close-up. The jewellery lady can be contacted at The Carat Shop in Hastingwood or email at: info@thecaratshop.co.uk.
No comments:
Post a Comment