

Rwanda is one of the most special places I have ever been to. I went there for two weeks last August, to teach English to English teachers and wrote about it in the Harlow Star and elsewhere. I hope to go again this Summer.
I have just learnt that there is a special commemoration to light a candle for Rwanda to remember the million people who lost their lives in the 1994 Genocide against the Tutsis. This is because this Tuesday, 7 April, marks exactly fifteen years since the genocide began. David Cameron has lit a candle having visited the country in 2007. You can see the You Tube video HERE.
I have just learnt that there is a special commemoration to light a candle for Rwanda to remember the million people who lost their lives in the 1994 Genocide against the Tutsis. This is because this Tuesday, 7 April, marks exactly fifteen years since the genocide began. David Cameron has lit a candle having visited the country in 2007. You can see the You Tube video HERE.
Have a look at this website and light a candle of hope for this unique country.
No comments:
Post a Comment