Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Inquiry call over blaze site

I have called on the Environment Agency to carry out a full inquiry into the recycling centre which was the scene of a massive blaze.
Fire crews spent several days tackling the fire which broke out on the Birchwood Industrial Estate, in Hoe Lane, Nazeing.

I have written to the Environment Agency saying the site is a danger to local residents after I
visited the site and met with local residents who live nearby.
I'm shocked by the environmental risk of this wood recycling site and believe this second fire in recent years means the danger to local residents has become intolerable."

I firmly believe we need a full inquiry on how this site is run and the impact on local residents. The dust and disruption in unacceptable and the disregard for the local residents has been deplorable.

I believe this wood recycling site represents not just a safety risk to the local population but also an environmental risk as it causes significant pollution. The recent, second, fire has shown how dangerous it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment